A SERIOUS HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERN
Combined sewer overflow may contain particulate and soluble wastes from domestic sewage, industrial and commercial stormwater treatment. These waste products include suspended solids, bacteria, viruses, nutrients, toxic pollutants, oil, grease and debris, posing significant risks to receiving water quality, public health and aquatic life.
Municipalities are being challenged to eliminate all discharges of untreated wastewater caused by Combined Sewer Overflows (CSO).
Veolia applies its Actiflo® process for high rate clarification and removal of total suspended solids and particulate biochemical oxygen demand materials during wet weather conditions.
- The Actiflo® effluent typically achieves higher than 90% removal, making flows easily disinfected with UV or chlorination.
- The Actiflo® process can be used in parallel with a conventional water treatment plant or at a satellite facility within the collection system.
- Offering unlimited treatment capacity, the Actiflo® process allows elimination of overflows.
- Process trains can be used for primary and/or tertiary treatment during dry weather flows.
The effectiveness of Actiflo® in treating wet weather flows has been proven at facilities around the world.
HYDROVEX® LINE OF WET WEATHER TECHNOLOGIES
With more than 10,000 installations across North America, the HYDROVEX® line of wet weather technologies (John Meunier products) offers a wide range of sustainable, efficient and high quality solutions, including:
- Flow control for stormwater runoff
- Flow control for combined and sanitary flows
- Level control in collection systems
- Floatables screening
- Off-line or in-line retention and sewage treatment