Non-Destructive Digging (NDD) techniques are becoming the preferred approach over open cut excavation as they can safely excavate without causing unnecessary damage to existing underground services.
To minimise the impact on the environment and the community, Veolia Water Technologies offers the latest Non-Destructive Digging (NDD) techniques such as dry suction excavation. Dry suction excavation is used whenever critical services - water networks, telecommunications, power or gas lines - are present in the ground to eliminate potential damage caused to those services.
Veolia’s dry suction excavation technology - the DRYset™ truck - uses turbines to generate an extremely high airflow: 42,000 m3/hour, equivalent to five and up to eleven times the airflow of combination hydro trucks. The DRYset™ also:
- reduces waste cost by up to 100%
- eliminates expensive downtime: no need to leave site for disposal
- increases productivity by 300%
- greatly improves site safety
Veolia can also offer water leak detection, water loss reduction programs, asset location, non-destructive wet excavation, as well as pipeline rehabilitation services.
Our specialised NDD techniques include:
- hydro excavation
- dry suction excavation
- leak detection, service proving and asset locating, including GPS mapping of stormwater drains, manholes and gravity sewers and associated infrastructure